Date of Post: 06 Oct, 2018
The Janakpur-Jaynagar railway route connecting the two bordering districts of Nepal and India is near to its completion. The only railway route is currently under renovation with the assistance of Indian government. Indian Ambassador to Nepal, Manjeev Singh Puri on Thursday along with Indian Foreign Ministry Officials travelled from Janakpur of Nepal to Kakanpatti of India.
- Puri made a surprise visit to Janakpur to take a stock of the work being carried out in the Southern Plain of Nepal.
- The broad gauge railway is in the final phase of its completion.
- However, the technical part is still under renovation.
- During his visit, the Indian Ambassador instructed the technicians to complete the task within a month.
- The Erickson International of India is assigned to complete the technical parts of the railway.
- The 17 km railway between Jaynagar and Kurtha will see the rail service in the phase-1 out of the 34 km distance the rail covers.
- The reviving railway operating between Jayanagar- Jayanagar- Bijalpura- Bardibas will be completed in 3 phases.
- It is estimated to cost Rs 5.48 billion.
- Most of the work of the project is being undertaken by the Indian Government and is awarded to 2 companies.
- The Nayak Infrastructure of Assam, awarded to lay down the 24-kilometer track between the Irarwa (India) to Kaipleshwor of Janakpur, while the Raman Construction of Janakpur is constructing the 25-kilometer segment between Kapileshwor and Bijalpur of Mahottari.
- Along with the revival of the rail transport, the upgrading of the track is on the progress as the 2 feet and 6 inches (narrow gauge) is expanded to 5 feet 6 inches (wide gauge).
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .