Date of Post: 05 Sep, 2017
JAIPUR: Finally the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation (JMRC) has appointed French firm EGIS Rail SA (the lead firm) in joint venture with EGIS India Consulting Engineers Pvt Ltd and Feedback India Pvt Ltd to review the detailed project report (DPR) of Jaipur Metro phase-II proposed between Ambabari and Sitapura.
WHAT THE DETAILED PROJECT REPORT SAYS
- Gauge (Nominal) : 1435 mm
- Total Length of the Corridor : 23.099 km
- Underground Section Length : 5.095 out of 23.099 km
- Elevated Section Length : 18.004 out of 23.099 km
- Total No. of Stations : 20
- Underground Stations : 5 out of 20
- Elevated Stations : 15 out of 20
- Designed Speed : 80kmph
- Scheduled Speed : 33 kmph for N-S Corridor
- Capacity of 4 Coach Unit : 1034 Passengers
- Total Estimated Completion Cost : Rs. 6583 Crores
The agreement was signed on Monday between the firm and JMRC, which was chaired by the additional chief secretary, UDH, Mukesh Sharma.
JMRC Project Director, Ashwani Saxena Said
- “The DPR will be reviewed by international experts. During the inception meeting official from Jaipur Development Authority, Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC), traffic department and smart city were also presented to extend their suggestions.”
- It was said that firm has asked also for master plan-2025 and necessary traffic data of the route from these departments.
- As the BJP government was apprehensive to construct Rs 10,000 crore project, the appointed international firm after a survey will recommend methods to (JMRC) to revise the cost of the project. It will also update the alignment, technology and various other aspects in the existing DPR.
- “We have directed the firm to review the DPR considering state government priorities and Metro Policy 2017. The firm will recommend latest technology to bring the cost down.”
DETAILED PROJECT REPORT REVIEW
- Estimated Cost To Review The DPR : Rs 6 Crore
- The firm will submit its report in six months.
CHANGES IN DETAILED PROJECT REPORT
- The JMRC prepared its first DPR in 2012.
- Later the government decided to link phase-II with the Sanganer airport and other important government buildings on the route.
- In 2014, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) submitted the revised DPR and proposed an underground Metro station at airport near terminal 2.
- It was mentioned in the proposal that the train will run underground till Jawahar Circle after which elevated tracks will be constructed till Sindhi Camp bus stand.
- The DMRC had proposed a 10 km underground and 14 km elevated corridor in the revised DPR submitted in 2014.
- Due to which the cost of the project increased, as DMRC estimated nearly Rs 10,000 crore to construct nearly 24-km-long corridor.
Official sources said, the JMRC has proposed to reduce the cost of the project. In recent past, the corporation made several attempts to construct the Jaipur Metro phase II under public private partnership (PPP), however, despite giving lucrative offers, no company has shown positive response.