Date of Post: 08 Jan, 2019
The Jaipur Metro Rail has started operations between Chandpole and Mansarovar through Automatic Train Operation (ATO) from January 1. There will be no need for driver in the metro train as the operation will take place automatically, officials said.
- The driver will be there to regulate the automated doors in the metro train and to check on emergencies.
- 3 months ago, Sushil Chandra, Commissioner of rail safety at Mumbai western circle, conducted the trial to run the ATO system.
- The speed of the metro train will be controlled automatically as per situation.
- The automatic system will be less time-consuming.
- The travel time will be reduced by 4 minutes.
- The Metro department has come up with a new timetable under this automated system, which will be updated soon on the official website.
- Currently, the metro train is being operated manually under the Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system by skilled drivers.
- The speed of the metro is decided under this system and if the metro crosses the designated speed limit, automatic breaks come into force.
To know more about recent developments of Jaipur Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways, Metro and Transportation Sector of India.
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.