Date Of Post : 20 Jan, 2018
Kolkata: Italian firm, Italcertifer, which took part in the recently-concluded Bengal Global Business Summit (BGBS), has expressed its eagerness to explore possibilities of providing Eye Level safety in urban Metro & monorail projects.
- Apart from the MoUs which were already signed in leather sector, the Italian delegation also included representatives from the railway sector who were established experts in railway hardware, railway braking & tension devices.
- The Italian rail delegates saw West Bengal as a fertile ground to showcase their already established service specially in the light of the fact that the state has been witnessing the completion of its extensive metro rail projects to shorten surface travel.
- In the BGBS some tangible talks on eye level safety services came up during a meeting.
- “We cater to safety services in high speed rail projects specially driverless systems. Our safety services are well known across the Europe and other parts of the world,” Italcertifer CEO Carmine Zappacosta said.
- “We are also providing services of rail signals and it would be of immense mutual benefit for both sides if there was exchange of our safety technology to facilitate eye level safety for passengers as the city supports a huge population and a successful governance gives prime importance to safety along with swiftness of transport,” he added.
Image Credit: Metro Rail Kolkata