Date of Post: 15 Nov, 2017
Bengaluru: IRSDC (Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd.) has invited architects, designers, planners & students to prepare a new design for the Byappanahalli railway station with world-class facilities. An IRSDC official said,”Those interested can register for the international design competition till this month-end. They will have to come up with a comprehensive scheme for the station. The winner will be appointed as a consultant to execute the detailed designing.”
The Station With World Class Facility
- He said, the new design is expected to reflect the culture & character of Bengaluru.
- A proposal to develop the railway station into a world-class facility figured in the railway budgets of 2009-10 & 2013-14.
- A masterplan will be formulated in a few months.
The Station To Get Airport-Like Facilities
- Byappanahalli Station will get airport-like amenities, SWR (South Western Railway) officials said.
- A senior SWR official said,”Passengers will have access to better amenities of international standards.”
- The station is expected to be developed into an inter-model transit hub since the Metro station & BMTC bus stand are only a stone’s throw from the station.
The Station Is Likely To Get These Facilities-
- Separate arrival & departure terminals
- Digital signages
- Conveyor belts
- Executive lounges
- Wi-Fi facility
- Battery-operated buggies
- Food courts
- Entertainment facilities