Date : 14 June, 2017
NEW DELHI: Now travellers can book tickets by mVisa payment method which allows them to scan a Quick Response (QR) code and pay through smartphones. mVisa is a card-less solution which facilitates payment by scanning the QR code displayed at the merchant website/outlet or from the merchants mobile.
- Users can securely link their visa debit, credit or prepaid account to the mVisa application on their smartphones.
- They can book their tickets by simply scanning their mVisa QR code on the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation website.
- A subsidiary of the Indian Railways, is offering a promotion offer until September 4 that will give Rs 50 cashback to consumers booking their tickets from IRCTC website.
- IRCTC CMD AK Manocha said:
- The key to our success as India’s largest e-commerce organisation has been our ability to embrace new technologies that help us drive consumer engagement across our platform
- India is currently one of the major smartphone markets in the world, with over a billion smartphones expected to be sold in the next five years.
- Considering the phenomenal penetration of smartphones in India, moving to a mobile based payment solution such as mVisa was thus a natural choice for IRCTC
- The mVisa QR Code is a form of a bar code that has the unique seller identity embedded securely embedded in it (Merchant id, Account no.). The customer will just need to scan this QR code with the scanner built in the mVisa app to start the payment process.
- The increasing popularity and adoption of mobile devices presents a huge opportunity for the growth of mobile-based digital commerce.
- The mVisa payment solution on IRCTC can potentially empower millions of consumers spread across Indian cities, towns and villages, to make payments using just their smartphones from the comfort of their homes
IRCTC have something flat Rs 50 cashback on your train ticket booking through irctc.co.in via credit, debit, pre-paid Visa cards or else using your classic, platinum, signature gold or visa infinite cards to grab this offer. The redemption period of the offer is upto 23rd August 2017.
Look the steps to take Rs 50 Cashback On Train Ticket Using m-Visa Card
- Visit irctc.in.co
- Register or login to the website.
- Enter Your Train details like Train Name, Boarding and Destination place.
- Now select your journey date and also in which class you want to book your ticket.
- Now proceed to the transaction age.
- No login to your Bank’s mobile app.
- Select scan and pay option.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the screen.
- Pay the amount using a visa card.
- Your train ticket booking is done, Cashback of Rs 50 will be credited to your bank account within 30 days of the successful transaction.
- Terms And Conditions
In the case of any doubt or payment/cashback related issues call on IRCTC Toll-free number- 011-3934000 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org