New Delhi: The IRCTC will launch a special monsoon service offering visits to prominent southern tourist destinations in the Maharajas Express from next month. Maharajas Express, the flagship luxury train of the Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation will undertake the southern sojourn covering Goa, Hampi, Mysore, Ernakulam, Kumarakom & Trivandrum in June.
- In the second itinerary, the luxury train will travel to Chettinad, Mahabalipuram, Mysore, Hampi & Goa in July.
- A senior IRCTC official said,”We have decided to start two new circuits for the Maharajas Express, this year to cover prominent destinations in West and South India.”
- Passengers are allowed to avail part of the total journey on a fixed price of Rs 33,250 per day per person on twin sharing basis.
- On single occupancy basis the charges would be Rs 53,200.
- The monsoon special shall begin from Mumbai on June 24 and stop at Goa, Hampi, Mysore, Cochin, Alleppey before terminating at Trivandrum.
- The other monsoon special shall depart from Trivandrum on July 1 and terminate at Mumbai covering Chettinad, Mahabalipuram, Mysore, Hampi & Goa.
- Each journey shall be of 8 days & 7 nights duration.
- In addition to visits to monuments and sightseeing at each destination under these trips, the guests shall have an opportunity for enjoying traditional cultural performances at Cochin, visit a coir factory and enjoy a cruise with lunch at Alleppey, savour traditional Chettinad cuisine and much more on these journeys.
- The 23 coaches Maharajas Express, with a capacity of 88 guests promises quality service.
- The train has state-of-the-art features with onboard water filtration plant, spacious cabin sizes with no bunk beds, 2 bars-cum-lounges, 2 restaurants and a well trained onboard team to cater to global expectations.