Date of Post: 30 June, 2018
Chennai: Integral Coach Factory flagged off its first stainless Steel Bodied MEMU (Mainline Electrical Multiple Unit) with 3-Phase On-board Electrics. “ICF has now rolled out eight car MEMU train set for the first time with n board state-of-the-art indigenous 3-phase AC propulsion system and stainless steel body,” it said.
The passengers amenities in all coaches include-
- GPS based Passenger Information System (PIS)
- Passenger Address System (PAS) for train related information
- Stainless steel modular toilets with bio-retention for durability and preventing spillage on tracks
- LED lighting for better lumination and energy conservation
- Stainless steel luggage rake
- Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) interiors for better aesthetics
- Cushioned seats
- ICF said in a release, the traction system is energy efficient and provides improved acceleration and braking performance and (the rakes) are therefore faster compared to the conventional locomotive hauled passenger train services.
- The total passengers carrying capacity of this MEMU rake is 2,402 and it can clock a maximum speed of 110 Kmph, it said.
- The coaches have been allotted by the Railway Board to South East Central Railway (SECR), Bilaspur.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information