Date Of Post: 16 Apr, 2018
Bhopal: Infrastructure, safety and technology were major focus areas for the Railways, Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani said. The public transporter was undertaking massive structural development to bridge the gap between demand & shortfall, he added.
- Lohani said,”Infrastructure, safety and technology are three key areas for the Railways now. The need for infrastructure has gone up with the increasing number of passengers. Safety also remains our major focus. Besides, we are introducing technology and setting up new factories.”
- “The Railways is undertaking massive structural development to fill the gap between demand and shortfall. Capital expenditure has gone up. New tracks are being laid. Completion of Railway projects needs time. Outlay has been doubled in the past few years,” he added.
- Lohani was in Bhopal to inaugurate 63rd Railway Week celebrations currently underway at the Bhopal Haat campus.
- He said,”We are increasing the number of coaches to meet the increase in passengers. New factories are being set up. Efforts are being made to increase the number of coaches to 24 in more trains.”
- New technologies were being deployed to improve signals, run high speed trains, install CCTVs and provide Wi-fi facilities, he said.
Image Credit: Hendrik Ploeger – Flickr