Date of Post: 10 July, 2018
Bengaluru: Infosys’ social arm Infosys Foundation offered to fund Rs 200 crore to the Bengaluru metro network project, said Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy.
“The Foundation’s benefaction will be used to construct the Konappana Agrahara metro station and metro track of the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL), phase-II” he said.
- Both the parties will sign an agreement concerning the fund on July 19 and the foundation will maintain the station for the succeeding 30 years.
- Earlier , in an interview, Mrs Murthy said that she always wanted to bring in with the city’s metro project and that the foundation aspired to contribute to the building of the station which is situated near Infosys foundation.
- BMRCL had marked Rs 100 crore for construction of the konappana Agrahara station, which is between RV Road and Electronics city.
- The metro service, which have been started for general public in 2011, presently consists of two lines in its phase-I, green and purple – overlaying 43 km of the 800 sq km city with ever-expanding suburbs.
- The state has recommended an extension for the existing lines under phase-II, which is expected to be constructed by March 2023.
Image Credit: Rameshng – Wikimedia Common