Date of Post: 10 Oct, 2017
Indore: Union minister Nitin Gadkari announced that Indore will soon be connected by rail and road links with southern, eastern & western parts of the country.
Gadkari was in the city on a day-long visit. A major function was organised at Labh Mandapan to lay foundation stone for construction of a bypass. Addressing the function, Gadkari announced a few projects, gave assurance on others and suggested multiple infrastructure development projects for the city.
- While bhoomi-pujan of new Indore-Manmad rail line project will be held in 4 months, construction of Indore-Ichhapur and Indore-Betul national highway too would begin in near future, Gadkari said.
- He said, Detailed project report (DPR) is ready, and added that the two highways would connect the city with three different corners of the country.
Indore-Manmad New Rail Line
- Bhoomi pujan of Indore-Manmad new rail line project would be carried out by Gadkari & chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh & Maharashtra.
- The venue of the event is yet to be finalized.
- Newly-created Rail-Port connectivity Corporation would bear 50 percent of total cost of Rs 8,857 crore (approx US$ 1,358.4 Million).
- Gadkari, highlighting project’s importance, said that it would help dispatch containers from Pithampur & Dewas directly to JNPT (Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust) Mumbai.
- It would save both time & money both of exporters, industry & agriculture sector of the region.
- Besides, Manmad will be city’s gateway to western & southern parts of the country.
- Also, this would create a North-South Railway Corridor that would reduce distance between New Delhi & Chennai by 325 km.
- Gadkari added that the trains would run via Itarsi.