Date of Post: 22 Dec, 2018
The first state-of-the-art ‘Train 18’ will run between Delhi and Varanasi, the Railways told the Parliament on Friday. 36 train set coaches have been planned to be manufactured during 2018-19 at Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, in a reply to a query in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said.
- He said,”ICF has turned out one such rake of 16 train set coaches in October 2018 which was put on trials. The first Train-18 train is proposed to be introduced on Delhi-Varanasi sector.”
- Train 18 will be the fastest train from the railways’ stable with the ability to cruise at a speed of 180 kmph.
- It has contemporary passenger amenities like-
- On-board infotainment and GPS based passenger information system
- Automatic sliding doors with retractable coach footsteps
- Zero discharge vacuum-based bio-toilets
- The RDSO (Research Designs and Standards Organisation), Lucknow has carried out and completed the necessary performance tests on Train-18 which also includes mandatory safety checks, Gohain also said.
- Train 18 is likely to be flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 29 from Varanasi.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
20 Dec, 2018: Akkannapet-Medak railway line to be ready by March 2019
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .