Date of Post: 16 Sep, 2018
Bhopal: India’s first engineless train will soon run between Delhi and Bhopal. The train, code-named Train 18, will run at a speed of 160 kmph. It will replace the existing Delhi-Bhopal Shatabdi train. This is the same concept that is used to operate metro trains in cities in India currently.
- The existing Shatabdi train from Delhi-Bhopal takes about 8 hours.
- Train 18 would cut that by 3 hours, making the distance a total of 5 hours only.
- The Train 18, which is built by Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, would promote “Make in India”.
- The ICF will make 6 such train sets, out of which 2 will have sleeper coaches.
- Train 18 will go on trials by the end of September or early October on various routes.
- Upon successful implementation of Train 18, the IFC will start working on ‘Train 20’ which will have an all aluminum body.
- Aluminum will make the train more aesthetic, lightweight, energy efficient, and durable.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
16 Sep, 2018 : Ircon International Opens Its IPO for Subscription Today
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .