Mumbai: The Railways is going ahead in finalising various components of the bullet train’s rolling stock and passenger facilities. Each train will have 55 seats for business class and 695 seats for standard class. There will be luggage space for passengers. Passengers will get a dedicated room for child feeding, there will be facilities for sick persons and washrooms for men & women would be separate.
- There will also be 2 extra-spacious toilets for wheelchair-bound passengers in the 10-coach Bullet Train train.
- A senior Railway Ministry official said, according to the blueprint finalised by the Railways, the 750-seater E5 Shinkansen, will also introduce wall mounted type urinals for men.
- Urinals & toilets will be installed in alternate coaches in the train.
- For example, toilets will be installed in coach number 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 while urinals will be available in coach number 2, 4, 6 and 8.
- Washrooms for men & women will also be placed in a similar way.
Inside the coaches of Bullet Train-
- Coaches will have comfortable automatic seat rotation system.
- There will be a freezer, hot case, boiling water facility and tea/coffee maker in the train, while a hand towel warmer will be provided in business class.
- Coaches will have LCD screens to display current station, next stopping station and destination, schedule and expected time to reach next stop and destination stations.
- Indian Railways is gearing up to acquire 25 E5 series bullet trains from Japan at an estimated cost of around Rs 50 billion for the Indian’s first bullet train project between Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information