Date of Post: 28 Jan,
Indian Railways’ fastest ‘Train 18’ will now be known as “Vande Bharat Express”, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said on sunday. The train will run between Delhi and Varanasi at a maximum speed of 160 kmph. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to flag off the train soon.
- The 16-coach train, built in 18 months at a cost of Rs 97 crore by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, is regarded as a successor to the 30-year-old
- It is also the first locomotive-less train in India.
- Goyal said, “Train 18 will now be known as Vande Bharat Express. It’s a train built completely in India by Indian engineers, in a span of 18 months.”
- “It will ply from Delhi to Varanasi. It Is possible to make world-class trains under ‘Make in India’,” he said.
- The fully air-conditioned train will stop at Allahabad and Kanpur and will have 2 executive chair cars.
- The union minister said,”The train is completely made in India. We decided to go with the name ‘Vande Bharat as a Republic Day gift to the people.
Will request the PM modi to flag it off.”
- It is country’s first indigenous, semi-high speed train, he also said.
- It was given the safety certificate by the CCRS (Chief Commissioner of Railway Safety) on January 25.
- The ‘Train 18’ has undergone extensive trials under the supervision of the Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO), Lucknow.
- It has successfully completed trials of up to a speed of 180 kmph.
- The ‘Train 18’ is capable of touching a maximum speed of 200 kmph.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )