Date of Post: 01 Dec, 2017
New Delhi: The new Swarna coaches of the Rajdhani Express with facilities such as auto janitor system in toilets & LED lighting were unveiled on wednesday New Delhi Railway Station. This is part of the Indian Railways efforts to overhaul old & damaged coaches of all trains, starting with premium trains.
The New Coaches
- These coaches have initially been provided in the Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani.
- The railways said, they were upgraded at a cost of around Rs 35 lakh.
Facilities In Coaches :
- Auto janitor system in toilets
- Stainless steel washbasins
- Improved soap dispensers
- Better quality dustbins
- Complete painting of the interiors to an aesthetic international colour scheme
- LED lighting
Train With More Features-
- The train has been fitted with night signage for easy identifications of berths.
- It also has built-in ladders for First AC passengers for easy access to upper berths, CCTV cameras in doorway areas & aisles to monitor any suspect activity with data storage.
The Train, The First Of Its Kind, Has Improved Features Like-
- Newly-designed bags with extra pockets for mobiles
- LED lighting over mirrors
- vinyl wrapping of toilet doors for improved aesthetics
- Epoxy coating in toilets
- Provisioning of extra mats in toilets
- Polished commodes & basins
This passenger initiative would be extended to another three trains of Howrah-New Delhi Rajdhani & two trains of Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani & the Howrah-Ranchi Shatabdi Express.