Date of Post: 13 Dec, 2018
New Delhi: Devices similar to black box in aircraft have been installed in some trains to record the sequence of events incase of any accidents, the Railway Ministry informed Parliament on Wednesday. Railways has started installing loco cab audio video recording system (LCAVR) to record everything if there is an accident, replying to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said.
- Similar to a black box, the Indian Railways has started installing loco cab audio video recording system in diesel and electric locomotives.
- This system provides invaluable data to investigators which will help them in understanding the sequence of events leading to an accident and for identifying operational issues and human factors, he said.
- He said, 26 locomotives (23 Diesel and 3 Electric) have already been installed with the system.
- Rs 100.40 crore has been sanctioned in the budget 2018-2019 for acquisition of 3,500 such systems, Gohain said.
- One smart coach has been turned out from Modern Coach Factory (MCF), Raebareli in June this year.
- Further, such coaches for 5 rakes are being planned to be manufactured at the MCF.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information