Date of Post: 29 Oct, 2018
The Indian Railways would spend an amount of Rs 20,000 crore towards augmenting rolling stock during 2019-20. Mr Rajesh Agrawal, member of Railway Board (rolling stock) said that the railways had done strategic planning for the financial outlay and there would be no problem for funds.
- Agrawal also said,”The annual rolling stock production volume is around 6000 to 8000 coaches per year.”
- “However, we need to prioritise the requirements of the various railway zones and try to meet their demands,” he said.
- The demands of Eastern Railway, South Eastern Railway and Kolkata Metro will be on prioritise and new technologies will be introduced, he said.
- Regarding Kolkata Metro, he said there was an urgent need to replace the 100-odd coaches with new ones immediately.
- He informed “Some new coaches have come and waiting for CRS (Commission of Railway Safety) permission. Hopefully, trials will start very shortly.”
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .