Date Of Post: 01 Feb, 2018
Latur: The Indian Railways will set up a coach factory in Maharashtra’s Latur district, Railways Minister Piyush Goyal said after a meeting with Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. The decision was taken at a high-level meeting with Goyal & Fadnavis to discuss the setting up of the massive rail coach factory by the Indian Railways.
- The plant would manufacture Electric Multiple Units (EMUs) for suburban trains & coaches for Metro trains, Railway Ministry officials said.
- An official,”Work on this project will be done on high priority with fast track processing of all approvals. The Maharashtra government has offered several concessions including in land, taxes.”
- “Thank you Piyush Goyal ji for your commitment for setting up of factory of EMU for Suburban Railways and Metro coaches at Latur. Big boost to economic activities in Marathwada and huge employment opportunities,” Fadnavis tweeted.
- This project will massively benefit ‘Make in India’, and bring employment to a large number of people.
- In addition, it will create an industrial ecosystem in the drought prone region, boosting shift from agriculture to industry.
Image Credit: South Eastern Railway