Date Of Post: 14 Apr, 2018
Patna: The railways would replace all conventional coaches with LHB coaches soon to ensure safety of passengers. Lohani was in Patna to attend the 63rd Railway Week function.
- “Only modern LHB coaches will be constructed from April 1 this year. Bio-toilets will also be installed in the coaches by March 2019 as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission,” he said.
- All passenger trains under the jurisdiction of the East Central Railway (ECR) would now run at a speed of 110 kmph, he said.
- The speed limit of mail and express trains originating from different places under the ECR has already been increased up to 130 kmph.
Image Credit: East Central Railway
People Also Viewed :
- 4 April, 2018 Central Railway To Soon Increase Speed Of Local Trains From Current 80 kmph to 105 kmph Between Mankhurd & Panvel Section
- 9 August, 2018 SER Introduces New Humsafar Express Between Santragachi and Jabalpur With Modern LHB Coaches
- 29 December, 2017 Indian Railways Plans To Raise Speed On Delhi-Mumbai & Delhi-Howrah Routes To 200 kmph At Rs 18,000 Crore
- 3 February, 2018 Bangalore Metro Update: BEML Likely To Hand Over First Set Of 3 Coaches To BMRCL On February 14
- 19 June, 2018 30,000 Coaches of Mail/Express Trains Set To Get New Colour Scheme
- 12 July, 2018 India To Export 6 DMU (Diesel Multiple Units) Train Sets Worth Rs 600 Crore To Sri Lanka
- 27 July, 2018 Indian Railways Retrofitted The Coach of Passenger Train with Flexible Solar PV Panels on Its Roof
- 16 April, 2018 Indian Railways Seeks to Procure Vacuum Toilets For 13 Premier Trains
- 22 March, 2018 More than 85,00 crore set aside for periodic overhauling/servicing of Railway coaches
- 3 August, 2018 9,277 crore allocated for the periodic overhauling/servicing of railway coaches in Budget Estimates 2018-19: Rajen Gohain