Date Of Post: 14 Apr, 2018
Patna: The railways would replace all conventional coaches with LHB coaches soon to ensure safety of passengers. Lohani was in Patna to attend the 63rd Railway Week function.
- “Only modern LHB coaches will be constructed from April 1 this year. Bio-toilets will also be installed in the coaches by March 2019 as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission,” he said.
- All passenger trains under the jurisdiction of the East Central Railway (ECR) would now run at a speed of 110 kmph, he said.
- The speed limit of mail and express trains originating from different places under the ECR has already been increased up to 130 kmph.
Image Credit: East Central Railway
People Also Viewed :
- 4 August, 2018 Modern Coach Factory, RaeBareli Produces Record 368 LHB Coaches in First 4 months of FY 2018-19
- 29 August, 2018 Railways Unveils Its First ‘Smart Coach’ Manufactured at Modern Coach Factory (MCF), Raebareli
- 16 August, 2018 TVS Group’s Wheels India Commences Supply of Suspension Parts to Indian Railways for Use in LHB Coaches
- 4 April, 2018 Central Railway To Soon Increase Speed Of Local Trains From Current 80 kmph to 105 kmph Between Mankhurd & Panvel Section
- 10 May, 2018 ICF rolls out prototype of LHB coach made with continuous window glass
- 29 December, 2017 Indian Railways Plans To Raise Speed On Delhi-Mumbai & Delhi-Howrah Routes To 200 kmph At Rs 18,000 Crore
- 3 February, 2018 Bangalore Metro Update: BEML Likely To Hand Over First Set Of 3 Coaches To BMRCL On February 14
- 30 May, 2018 Krishnapatnam Port Company Ltd in Association With CONCOR Launches New Container Rail Service To Central India
- 27 July, 2018 Indian Railways Retrofitted The Coach of Passenger Train with Flexible Solar PV Panels on Its Roof
- 16 April, 2018 Indian Railways Seeks to Procure Vacuum Toilets For 13 Premier Trains