Date of Post: 18 Feb, 2019
Railways will produce 100 more ‘Train 18’ rakes, said Railway Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday. The railways have begun work on making 30 more high-speed Train 18 rakes so that high-speed trains could be introduced in more sectors in different parts of the country, he said.
- The Railway Minister said, a decision will also be taken on making 100 more train rakes in India.
- “The railways have set in motion the tendering process for making another 30 Train 18 rakes to be made in India,” Goyal said, on board the Vande Bharat Express, flagged off from New Delhi railway station on Friday morning.
- Manufactured at Integral Coach Factory in Chennai, Train 18, renamed Vande Bharat Express, will run 5 days a week between New Delhi and Varanasi.
- The train, which will have 2 stops (Kanpur and Allahabad), can touch a maximum speed of 160 kmph but will run only at 130 kmph in maximum sectors.
- Every coach of Train 18 has comfortable seats, GPS passenger information system, CCTV cameras and talkback facility units to connect with the driver in case of emergency.
- The coaches have 180-degree rotational reclining chairs, mobile charging points, diffused lighting and reading units.
- The train also has sensor controlled bathroom fittings for the differently abled people and toilets with bio-discharge vacuum systems.
- More rakes were being ordered through the tendering process so that people in more sectors in different parts of the country can enjoy the era of semi-high speed travel that has begun in India, Goyal said.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )