Date Of Post: 24 Feb, 2018
New Delhi: The railways has launched a competition to select designs for redeveloping 600 major stations across the country. The SRIJAN (or station rejuvenation through joint action) has ben launched on the mygov.com portal by the IRSDC (Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd).
About The Competition-
- Anyone can sent in their proposals to develop a station of their choice.
- IRSDC Managing Director & Chief Executive officer, Sanjeev Kumar Lohia said, the last date for sending in entries is March 26.
- Lohia said,”Its a first-of-its-kind crowd-sourcing competition open to all to invite innovative, scalable, low-cost-and-high-impact ideas from stakeholders for upgrading the look and feel of the railway stations and thereby transform the functional utility, raise the revenue generation capacity and lower operations and maintenance cost of railway stations.”
- The winners of the competition will receive letters of commendations and shortlisted participants may get an opportunity to professionally associate with the IRSDC.
- Lohia said, to shorten the process of engagement of qualified & experienced firms for design of stations, the IRSDC has already carried out one round of empanelment of agencies for design of stations.
- He said, union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal is also slated to meet architects from around the country soon to discuss strategies to take the programme forward.
Image Credit: IRSDC