Date of Post: 17 Oct, 2017
New Delhi: Railways on Monday gave Diwali gift to passengers travelling between Delhi and Mumbai route by launching a new tri-weekly faster Delhi-Mumbai Special Rajdhani Express service from Hazrat Nizamuddin station.
Image Credit: YouTube
The Special Rajdhani Express, was flagged off at 4.15 pm.
Inspection Before flagging off the Train
- Before flagging off the Special Rajdhani Express, Railway Board Member (Traffic) Mohammad Jamshed inspected the food & catering facilities on board the train.
- He also interacted with passengers to take their feedback.
Need For Effective & Efficient Transport Connectivity
- The railway ministry said, “Both the cities are important business centers of the country. Hence, there is a greater need for effective & efficient transport connectivity between the two cities.”
- “The new service is planned to be commenced as a tri-weekly special service with only one rake and shall provide faster rail connectivity between Delhi and Mumbai and great convenience to passengers,” it added.
About The Train-
- Special Rajdhani Express train comprises of one first AC, two 2AC and twelve 3ACs and one pantry car.
- It would be hauled by 2 locomotives (2 WAP5 locomotives (5,400 HP each) for better acceleration, deceleration & higher speed.
- This train would run at a maximum speed of 130 kmph.
- This special Rajdhani express is different from the current Mumbai Rajdhani as it will save around 2 hours in journey time – which would be from the existing time of around 15 hours.
Image Credit: YouTube
- The on board catering on this train is being organized by railway PSU namely Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
- The catering services will be optional as per the existing menu and tariff of Rajdhani trains.
- The passengers shall have the choice to opt out of the catering services.
- There will be provision for evening tea and dinner.
- There will not be Flexi fare component in the fare structure of this train.
- The fares in or the new service would be 20% more than the base fares for existing Mumbai Rajdhani without any flexi fare.
- The fare for Special Rajdhani in 3rd AC will be around Rs 500-600 cheaper (i.e.19% cheaper) than maximum flexi fare of 3rd AC in Mumbai Rajdhani.
- The fare for special Rajdhani in 2nd AC will be around Rs 700-800 cheaper (19% cheaper) than maximum flexi fare of 2nd AC in Mumbai Rajdhani.