Date Of Post: 24 May, 2018
New Delhi: The railways signed 3 agreements with 2 public sector enterprises and a joint venture company to ensure the continuation of projects across the rail network, a statement from the Ministry of Railways said. The statement said, all 3 MoUs were for 2018-2019.
About The 3 MoUs Signed-
- The railways and the Braithwaite & Company Limited (BCL), a Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) under the administrative control of the Ministry of Railways, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the manufacture of new wagons, repairing of wagons, steel structural fabrication & manufacturing of cranes.
- Under the MoU, the BCL has projected revenues of Rs 285 crore from operations and Rs 1,300 crore from wagon production.
- The railways has signed MoU with the RailTel Corporation of India Limited (RCIL), a CPSE under the ministry, for the implementation of several rail projects for doubling of lines, new lines, electrification etc.
- The RCIL has projected revenues of Rs 1,200 crore from operations and set several other targets regarding CCTV cameras & wi-fi at stations and development of content on demand (CoD) services on trains.
- The third MoU was signed with the Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Limited (MRVC), a joint venture of the Ministry of Railways and the Maharashtra government.
- MRVC is implementing railway projects in the Mumbai suburban system under the Mumbai Urban Transport Projects (MUTPs).
- The MRVC shall spend Rs 1,464 crore towards the completion of various suburban projects of capacity enhancement, safety upgradation & passenger amenities, according to the MoU.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .