Date of Post: 28 Nov, 2017
Railways plan to float tenders for rail line electrification of around 7000 kilometers. This tender opens up new opportunities for electrical Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) companies.
Manish Mohnot, MD – Kalpataru Power said
- That they expect the above tenders to come out in the month of December or before January-end.
- Typically, the share of electrification project has been in the range of 15-20 percent in the last couple of years.
- He further added that today the order book of railways is around Rs 1000 crore, which is expected to go in excess of Rs 2000 crore in the next six months or so.
- The margins in electrification business are similar to the other contracting business, which is around 10-11 percent, although they vary a bit from project to project, he said.
- With regards to Shubham Logistics, he said the revival plans are on track although on other hand they continue to look at strategic partners. The business has done well in the current year and has turned EBITDA positive and will breakeven by year-end, he added. It could be any kind of options but not looking at an IPO for it, he confirmed.
- He is confident of achieving revenues growth of 15 percent in FY18 as earlier guided by them given the order book visibility in excess of Rs 10,000 crore.
- In the first half the revenues were around 4-5 percent but expect to do 23-25% in the second half, he said.
- Talking about the sale of Wainganga project back to NHAI, he said NHAI has floated some tenders for expanding to expand from four-lane to six-lane.
- The bids are due in December last-week or January first-week, so the company will decide before that, he said.
- In terms of orderbook, currently 55 percent is exports and 45 percent is domestic but the revenue share is 50-50 percent