Date of Post : 05 July, 2017
The employees of Indian Railways will soon be seen wearing new uniforms, designed by designer Ritu Beri.
- This change is to enhance the experience of the passengers traveling by trains.
- Indian Railways has undertaken complete makeover in 15 Rajdhani and 15 Shatabdi trains.
- Indian Railways has launched a three-month long project ‘Swarn’ which will renovate premium trains including Rajdhani and Shatabdi.
About The Uniforms:
- There will be different set of uniforms for the on-board staff , TTE’s , Station Masters, guards, drivers and catering personnel.
- Half and full sleeve T-shirts in black and yellow combinations have been designed for the office staff and T-shirts in white and black border for catering staff.
- Fluorescent jackets are designed for TTE’s , guards and drivers. These new uniforms will also be given to the technical staff in workshops and production units.
- The new designs will be first tried by few Rajdhani and Shatabdi and later extended to other services in name of project Swarn.
- The Railway Ministry is planning to unveil the new look in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains on board staff on 2nd October.