Date of post: 16 Jan, 2019
Indian Railways’ each division has been given a corpus of Rs 20 crore to develop one station under it as a model station by March 2019, sources said. The DRMs (Divisional Railway Managers) of 68 zones have been instructed to identify and develop a station of their choice in areas of passenger amenities and infrastructure like provision and maintenance of lifts, Foot-over-Bridge, seats, platforms, availability of drinking water.
Some of the stations which are likely to undergo a facelift in the coming months include:
- Varanasi city
- Delhi Main
- The source said,”All 68 divisions have been asked to develop the railway station of their choice in the next 2 months. These stations will then be a model to develop other stations in the division. Each will be developed at a cost of Rs 20 crore.”
- The idea is to develop railways stations across the network in phases, the source said.
- With the DRM empowered to not only choose the railway station but also decide on the works to be completed, the onus is on the division to complete the works within the given timeline.
- The divisions have been asked to focus on developing the infrastructure of stations based on footfall and revenue.
- Meanwhile, recently, the newly appointed Chairman Railway Board Vinod Kumar Yadav held a meeting with the officials of all 68 divisions and discussed security, safety, revenue and infrastructure issues.
- Yadav spoke to officials working in the field and not only took direct feedback from them on various issues but also listened to their problems.
- Source said that the Chairman Railway Board has asked officials to implement the priority projects of the railways in a time-bound manner.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )