Date of Post: 29 Nov, 2018
Indian Railways delivered 13 DMUs (Diesel Multiple Units) coaches to Sri Lanka within project timelines. In March last year, RITES, a PSU of Indian Railways, bagged an order of six train sets of 13 DMUs coaches by the Sri Lanka Railways, as a part of the inter-governmental cooperation between India and Sri Lanka, under the India Line of Credit.
We're proud to have delivered 13 coaches (car DMUs – Diesel Multiple Units) to Sri Lanka within project timelines as a part of the inter-governmental cooperation between India and Sri Lanka, proving the capabilities of delivering the best-in-class rolling stock.
Posted by RITES Ltd. on Tuesday, November 27, 2018
- RITES tweeted,”We’re proud to have delivered 13 coaches (car DMUs – Diesel Multiple Units) to Sri Lanka within project timelines as a part of the inter-governmental cooperation between India and Sri Lanka, proving the capabilities of delivering
- the best-in-class rolling stock.”
- The first of these units rolled out of the Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, and Indian Railways’ production units were handed over to RITES recently.
- The project stands as a shining example of “Make in India” and India – Sri Lanka co-operation, the PSU said in a release.
- By delivering these coaches for Sri Lanka within the project timelines, RITES and ICF have proven the capability to deliver best-in-class rolling stock customized to the specific needs of customers within extremely demanding time frames, it said.
- RITES has earlier exported rolling stock and components to various countries such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Mozambique, Sudan, Angola, Nigeria, Uganda, etc.
- The current order consists of 78 coaches with 5 variants.
- The last order for export of DMU coaches to Sri Lanka for supply of 20 DMU sets in 6 coach formation was executed in 2010-12.
All Image Credit: RITES
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .