Date of Post: 02 Dec, 2017
Kolkata: The Indian Railways & Coal India Ltd have surpassed their own record by loading 257 freight rakes of coal to meet the demand of power plants. Coal India director (marketing) S N Prasad said,”Coal India and Railways achieved loading of 257 rakes today to push more coal to power plants.”
- The two entities loaded 250 Rakes a few days back.
- He said, loading coal in more than 250 rakes is really a challenging task but both are successful in doing so.
- Coal India & Railways had a target of 244 rakes but it had to be revised due to the sudden rise in coal demand from thermal power plants owing to drop in nuclear & hydel power.
- A secretary-level meeting was held, recently, on coal supply to power plants with CIL & Railways, Prasad said.
- Around 90% of rakes are meant for power plants.