Date of Post: 28 Oct, 2017
Thiruvananthapuram: The Railways has, in principle, agreed to the state government’s proposal for a third and fourth railway line linking Thiruvananthapuram & Kasargod.
The third & fourth line will be laid parallel to the existing double lines, said Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
Vijayan speaking after a meeting on Kerala-specific rail projects with Railway Board chairman Ashwani Lohani.
- A JV of Kerala government & the Railways, the “Kerala Rail Development Corporation”, will conduct a survey for the new lines.
- Lohani has asked Kerala to submit the DPR (Detailed Project Report) for the Thalassery-Mysore (via Mananthavady) route before December 31.
- The 247 km long rail line is expected to cost around Rs 3209 crore (approx US$ 494.4 Million).
- Pinarayi said, if the project is approved, the work can be completed in 2024.
People Also Viewed :
- 13 January, 2018 Centre Gives Green Light For 240 km Railway Line Connecting Thalassery With Periyapattana
- 11 November, 2017 Governments Of Kerala & Karnataka Agrees To Conduct Survey On Revised Thalassery-Mysuru Rail Line via Mananthavady
- 5 January, 2018 All State Capitals In Northeast To Connect With Railway Lines By 2020
- 7 July, 2017 Goa Government Agreed to Contribute Rs 18.60 Crore towards Konkan Railway
- 13 November, 2017 KRDCL To Submit Detailed Project Reports For Key Projects Of The State By December-End
- 21 November, 2017 ARSS Infrastructure Projects Bags Order Worth Rs 87.09 Crore From Rail Vikas Nigam For Civil Work
- 22 January, 2018 Railway Minister For State Sh. Rajen Gohain To Lay Foundation Stone For Electrification Of Kanyakumari-Nagercoil-Thiruvananthapuram Section On Tuesday
- 26 June, 2018 Rs 18,795 Crore Railway Projects Under Implementation Under “Sagarmala” Initiative
- 22 February, 2018 Cabinet Approves Doubling & Electrification Of 6 New Railway Lines At Rs 11,661 Crore In Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar & Odisha
- 17 January, 2018 Rail Track Doubling On Ernakulam-Kayamkulam Stretch To Be Completed By March 2020