Date of Post: 20 Sep, 2018
New Delhi: The India International Convention & Expo Centre (IICC) complex at Dwarka will have a dedicated underground Metro station which will be an extension of the airport high speed metro corridor and is being constructed by Delhi Metro. The work on the mega exhibition and convention centre will commence from Today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of the state-of-the-art convention centre, today, in Dwarka for hosting exhibitions, trade fairs and summits of international standards.
- The Airport Express line of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation is being considered for extension from Dwarka Sector 21 to the ECC complex.
- It is proposed that the complex will have a dedicated station along with 3 entry and exit points within the complex and the line’s construction could be completed by as soon as December 2019.
About the IICC project-
- The IICC project is planned over an area of 221.37 acres in Sector 25, Dwarka, at an estimated cost of Rs 25,703 crores.
- It is connected through Dwarka Expressway and Urban Extension Road II and is about 11 kms from the Delhi International Airport.
- IICC at Dwarka will be an integrated complex with facilities like exhibition halls, convention centre, open exhibition spaces, mixed use commercial spaces like star hotels (5, 4 and 3 star), retail services and high-end offices.
- The convention centre can accommodate 11,000 persons, 5 exhibition halls, 1-kilometre long foyer, multi-purpose arena with retractable roof.
- It will be developed in two phases – Phase-I will be completed by December 2019, while phase-2 by December 2024.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .