Date Of Post: 20 Mar, 2018
New Delhi: India on Monday handed over the 18th diesel-electric locomotive to Myanmar, thereby completing the first project under the current Indian line of credit (LoC) to the eastern neighbour.
About The Locomotives-
- These 18 locos are fitted with the microprocessor control based system.
- 1350 HP AC/DC main line diesel locomotives with a maximum speed of 100 kmph have been customised for the Myanmar Railways, built by Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW), Varanasi.
- They are also extremely fuel-efficient and equipped with the latest features.
- Most of these supplies in the railway sector have been carried out under Indian Line of Credit.
- Minister of State for Railways, Rajen Gohain attended the formal handing over ceremony of 18th AC-DC 1350 HP diesel-electric locomotive to Myanmar Railways, supplied by RITES and manufactured by DLW.
- RITES Limited, a PSU of the Ministry of Railways, is a principal partner of the Myanma Railways.
- Speaking at the occasion, Gohain expressed satisfaction on the close cooperation between the two railway systems on regular basis since last 20 years.
- Gohain congratulated Indian Railways in completing the project, much ahead of delivery schedule & providing locomotives with many contemporary new features over the earlier supplies.
- The minister also thanked the Indian Embassy in Myanmar for their coordination & assistance with the Myanmar authorities in the easy facilitation of the project.
- This association will help strengthen friendly border relations with India, Gohain said.
Image Credit: RITES