ICF has now rolled out prototype of LHB coach made with continuous window glass . Soon passengers travelling in AC coaches of Express trains will have a panoramic view of outside sceneries through window glass, as the Railways have decided to replace the split-side windows with the continuous glass window.
- The Integral Coach Factory (ICF) has rolled out the first prototype of the LHB AC three-tier coach made with the continuous window glass.
- The continuous window glass will enable the passengers to have an aesthetic experience of the scenic routes .
- As part of the plan to innovate coach designs, the ICF has fitted the vertical window glass in the coach continuously.
- The additional provision of vertical glass in AC three-tier coach has increased the coach production cost by 1 %t and thereby the overall AC coach production cost works to INR 2 crore per coach.
- Apart from third AC coach, this additional feature will be introduced in the chair car and other AC coaches in phased manner .
Image Credit: india rail info