Date of Post :29 Dec, 2018
After the successful launch of indigenous semi-high speed train, the Train-18, ICF has delivered an improved high carrying capacity MEMU. The MEMU, a little sister of Train-18, has the features of Train-18 viz. underslung mounted equipment, new generation T-18 bogies, seamless connection from end to end of train with interconnecting sealed gangways; and it would carry 9% more passengers than its counterpart having on-board equipment
ICF has now made a new breed of indigenous air-conditioned EMU (AC EMU) train set, another little sister of Train-18. This AC EMU train has 12 cars fully air-conditioned including driving cabs. The features of Train-19 viz. underslung mounted equipment, 50% powering (alternative coaches are motorized), new generation T-18 bogies and wider sealed gangways. Passengers can move from end to end of train through the seamless gangways.
The train has higher acceleration and deceleration due to 50% powering (6 out of 12 cars are motorized) unlike the on-board AC EMU presently running in Mumbai which has 33% powering (4 out of 12 cars are motorized). This would mean that this new train would take lesser time between stops and would compensate the time lost in automatic door closing/ opening. It is expected that the new AC EMU would fully meet the demands of mega metro transportation systems like the Mumbai sub-urban.
- Max. speed 110 kmph
- Flexible Solar panels of 3.6 kw capacity, on one of the coaches. These panels are not as weighty as fitted in some coaches earlier. They do not add to air resistance. This has been done on experimental measure to power the fans and lights in one coach and shall be proliferated, based on feedback.
- Indigenous 3-phase electrics based on IGBT propulsion Technology – all equipment underslung with 50% powered coaches.
- Aerodynamic profile driving end.
- Stainless steel body coach designed with Straight Sidewalls
- Screwless interior paneling finish.
- Sealed wider gangways – passengers can move from end to end of train.
- Sleek luggage racks.
- FRP modular seats.
- Stainless steel handholds.
- Rubberized flooring.
- Fully air conditioned train.
- Automatic wide sliding doors.
- GPS based Passenger Information System and announcement system.
- CCTV surveillance in all coaches.
- Passenger talk back and emergency alarm.
- Regenerative brake – 35% Electrical Energy savings.
- New generation T-18 bogie with fully suspended traction motors.