Date of Post: 26 Feb, 2019
The Nilgiri coaches are now being renovated at the ICF Factory , Chennai .This train runs between Mettupalayam and Udhagamandalam in Tamil Nadu.
More Information :
- The Southern Railway is all set to replace the four-decade-old coaches of its Nilgiris Mountain Railway .
- Totally,15 coaches are being planned to be manufactured by ICF for the NMR .
- These coaches will be new set of modern stainless steel coaches .
- They will have cushioned seats and large window panes to offer travellers a panoramic view throughout the mountain journey.
- The first rake,comprising 146 seats spread across four coaches,was rolled out on25th Feb .
- The coaches are also fitted with LED lights.
- Other additions are : hand brakes for pinion and wheels,separate space for PWD (persons with disability) passengers to place their wheel chair and sit in it.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )