Date of Post: 11 Aug, 2018
Secunderabad: The Multi Modal Transport System (MMTS) train services has completed 15 years of Operations on Thursday . MMTS was commenced on August 9,2003.
- The MMTS carries 1.7 lakh approx. passengers everyday
- The MMTS operates on 3 different routes everyday
- Amit Varadan, Divisional Railway Manager of Secunderabad Division participated in the celebrations of the occasion. The Members of MMTS Travellers’ Association, Senior Citizen and commuters also participated ,as per South Central Railway (SCR) press release.
- The celebrations were arranged on board MMTS Train No 47154 Falaknuma-Lingampalli, between Secunderabad and Hi-Tec City
- Amit Varadan, cut the cake to celebrate the completion of 15 yrs of MMTS services along with tree plantation program has been organized .
- The Divisional Railway Manager appreciated the active involvement and support coming from the MMTS Travellers Association Members, which continuously improve the MMTS services.
- The DRM also informed that Vinod Kumar Yadav, General Manager, SCR accords top priority for punctual and efficient running of MMTS trains .He also responsible to provide passenger amenities and facilities at MMTS stations which ensures the utmost convenience
- The MMTS users shared their views to improve the MMTS services and better facilities and said that MMTS Phase-II which is ready to launch would meet positive response
- The General Manager also decided to increase the number of cars from the present 9 to 12 cars for MMTS services soon in order to meet increasing demands
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
All Image Credit: South Central Railway
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India.
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.