Date Of Post: 08 Dec, 2017
Hyderabad: Work on completing the Ameerpet-Hitech City stretch of the Hyderabad Metro Rail, and on extension of the Metro Rail from Hitech City to Raidurg, will commence next week.
Inspection Carried Out
- HMRL, MD, NVS Reddy carried out a point to point inspection of the stretch over the last two days, apart from inspecting the modalities of the Metro’s 1.5 km extension up to Raidurg, following Municipal Administration & Urban Development Minister KT Rama Rao’s instructions for completion of the 8.5 km stretch from Ameerpet to Hitech City in Corridor III (Nagole-Hitech city – 27 km) by June next year.
- Reddy first resolved the issues pertaining to the remaining five pillars in Yousufguda.
- He asked engineers to take up the pillars in Yousufguda initially on the left hand side where the 5-storied Hero Honda building is under demolition.
- Reddy wanted the remaining 21 spans of the viaduct in Yousufguda Basti, Krishnanagar Transtroy building & Sirisampada Apartments in Jubilee Hills to be completed by January end.
- This would enable track, electrical traction & signaling works to be taken up & completed by June.
Erection Of Pillars
- The 1.5 km long extension from Hitech City station to Raidurg Station involves erection of 49 pillars.
- Inspecting all the pillar locations, Reddy finalized the exact location & type of foundations for all the pillars & the Raidurg station design as well.
Image Credit : Hyderabad Metro