Date Of Post: 21 Mar, 2018
Hyderabad: The state government would take up metro rail works in old city soon, Telangana municipal administration minister KT Rama Rao said. Connectivity to Shamshabad Airport would be extended from Falaknuma in near future. The state government was planning to give connectivity to the airport from all the 3 metro corridors, the minister said.
- Metro rail works in the old city could not be commenced due to religious structures & keeping the sensitivity of the issue, replying during question hour in the state legislature Assembly on Tuesday, he said.
- If the project developer L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad did not take up the works, the state government would take up with its own funds.
- As of now, the project concessionaire L&T has been constructing metro rail from JBS to MGBS instead of Falaknuma, which falls under old city.
- Hyderabad metro rail project is being taken up at a cost of Rs 14,132 crore covering a length of 72 km in 3 corridors.
- While 30 km stretch between Nagole & Miyapur was inaugurated in November 2017, the balance corridor would be completed 36 km by August this year, he said.
Image Credit: Hyderabad Metro Rail