Date of Post: 16 Oct, 2017
Hyderabad: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has agreed to inaugurate the first phase of the Hyderabad Metro Rail project on November 28.
A message to this effect was conveyed to the Telangana Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) on Saturday.
The official letter in this regard is going to reach the Telangana government today, according to the sources.
- The confirmation came through following the report submitted by the Union Urban Development Ministry whose team of officials gave an approval on the project after the inspection in Hyderabad.
- Last month, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao had written a letter to the Prime Minister, requesting him to launch the Metro Rail in Hyderabad.
Modi To Launch Hyderabad Metro
- PM Modi will launch a 30 km stretch of the metro rail project extending from Nagole to Miyapur on November 28.
- Officials are making test run between Mettuguda-Begumpet.
- The complete test run will be completed in 15 days, sources said.
- The Metro Rail project is one of the biggest PPP (Public-Private Partnership) project in the country.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail project is being constructed on a 72-km stretch encompassing Three corridors to be taken up in phase-I.
The Three Corridors Are-
- Corridor I : Miyapur – LB Nagar : 29 kms; 27 stations.
- Corridor II : JBS – Falaknuma : 15 kms; 16 stations.
- Corridor III : Nagole – Shilparamam : 28 kms; 23 stations.
- Ameerpet Station – Corridor I & III
- M G B S Station – CorridorI & II
- Parade Grounds Station – Corridor II & III
Highlights Of The Metro Rail Project :
- Elevated world-class station buildings at approximately every kilometre.
- Connects major offices, retail and residential areas – The two tracks (up and down lines) pass through the arterial roads of the city.
- Connects major bus stations at Miyapur, MGBS, Koti, Dilsukhnagar, Charminar and Jubilee Bus Station.
- Integration with existing rail terminals at Secunderabad, Begumpet and Nampally.
- Link to MMTS services at Bharatnagar, Begumpet, Khairatabad, Malakpet & Falaknuma.
- Feeder bus services to stations from different areas of the city is being planned by GoT.
- Green & Eco-friendly mode of travel – reduces carbon emission, fuel consumption and pollution.
- Faster, safer and comfortable air-conditioned travel with reduced travel time.
- Ultra-modern coaches.
- High frequency of trains reducing waiting time.
- User-friendly stations with lifts, staircases and facilities for the disabled.
- Parking facility at strategic locations along the route at the designated areas provided by the GoT.
- Automatic ticket vending machines – reducing waiting time in queues and counters.
- Automatic fare collection system – hassle free entry and exit from the stations.
- Essential facilities at stations – toilets, public address and information system, telephones.