Date of Post: 15 Nov, 2018
Hyderabad: For commencing trial runs on the Ameerpet-Hitech City stretch, the Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) on Tuesday has inspected the overhead electrical lines on the route using Cantilevel Maintenance Vehicle (CMV) to detect any snags. Maintenance check was done to inspect the functioning of overhead electrical lines and other components.
- Final inspections of the overhead electrical lines were underway currently.
- This was done before energisation of the system for starting trial runs on the route, which was mandatory.
- A senior official said,“Once we are convinced with the functioning of overhead electrical lines and other components, trial runs will commence.”
- All these tests have to be done to check whether the system is in place before inspection by the CMRS (Commissioner Metro Rail Safety) on the route.
- Trial runs on the Ameerpet-Hitech City route will be commenced from November 23 or 24, Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister KT Rama Rao had said.
- Governor ESL Narasimhan also had set December 15, as deadline to complete the works on the Ameerpet-Hitech City route.
- After the opening of a 16-km stretch from Ameerpet to LB Nagar in September this year, Hyderabad Metro Rail is covering 46 km and has become India’s 2nd largest Metro Rail network, next only to Delhi.
- After the launch of metro services to the Hi-Tec City, monthly passes will be introduced and some concessions are also provided for the convenience of passengers, NVS Reddy, Managing Director, HMRL had said.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .