Date of Post: 17 Oct, 2018
Hyderabad: DGP, Mahender Reddy, Managing Director HMRL NVS Reddy, Commissioner GHMC Dana Kishore and other senior officials jointly inspected the Metro Rail work areas between Cyber Towers and Raheja Mind Space junction and traffic diversion management areas of Cyberabad on 13.10.2018.
Earlier, in a high level meeting Minister for Municipal Administration Sri K.T. Rama Rao has directed the DGP and MD, HMR and other senior officials to jointly inspect the Metro Rail works in Cyberabad area and take immediate action without any inconvenience to road users in this area.
They have also identified the immediate road improvement works that need to be done and different alternatives to execute the Metro Rail works with least inconvenience to road users in the highly congested area.
The following are broad decisions taken in the joint inspection and review meeting, in addition to the road improvement works already carried out.
- Large number of mobile barricades will be supplied to Cyberabad Traffic Police for channelizing the traffic.
- Road widening works will be carried out at all the identified junctions in the next few days.
- Road improvement works will also be carried out in the identified stretches.
- 40 Additional traffic marshals will be given by the L&T Metro to work under the directions of Cyberabad Traffic Police to regulate the traffic.
- Identified electrical, signal and water pipes etc., will be shifted immediately.
- After carrying out the identified works in the next few days, trail runs will be organised by Cyberabad Traffic Police with the help of HMR police and others concerned for a few hours both in peak and non-peak hours to see how the traffic is moving.
After seeing the results, further decision will be taken how to carry out for Metro Rail works in this highly congested area. Addl DG Law & Order Mr Jiteder, CP Cyberabad Mr VP Sajjanar, Zonal Commissioner, GHMC Ms. Hari Chandana, DCP Traffic, Cyberabad Mr Vijayakumar and other senior engineers, officials of GHMC. HMR, L&T and others participated in the inspection and review meeting.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .