Date of Post: 28 Aug, 2018
Hyderabad: The much delayed Metro Rail works in the old city are all set to begin soon with Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) officials and AIMIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi inspected the 5.5 km stretch in the Old City from MGBS to Falaknuma, on Saturday. The Hyderabad metro rail officials, led by HMRL director NVS Reddy, conducted a detailed inspection of the stretch.
- Akbaruddin Owaisi, during the inspections, urged HMRL officials to immediately start the work.
- After the inspections, Reddy assured that the work for the proposed stretch would commence in 2 to 3 days.
- The metro line from MGBS to Falaknuma will run via Dar-Ul-Shafa, Purani Hawali, Eitebar Chowk, Volta Hotel, Sultan Shahi, Shah Ali banda, Syed Ali Chabutra and Shamsheer Gunj.
- The proposed work is an extension of the phase-1 of the 15 km-long green line corridor of the Hyderabad metro.
- This corridor will have 6 metro stations – Salarjung museum, Charminar, Shalibanda, Shamshergunj, Jangammet and Falaknuma.
- The state government has plans to extend the metro service from LB Nagar to the airport via Falaknuma.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .