Date of Post: 18 Feb, 2019
Hyderabad: The Metro rail stretch between Ameerpet and Hi-Tec City of Hyderabad Metro is set to become operational soon with the Inspection and Safety Certification from the Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) likely in about a week. Trial runs between the Ameerpet and Hi-Tec City (Corridor-3) have been going on since November 2018.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) Managing Director N V S Reddy said,”We are expecting CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) Inspection and Safety Certification in about a week. After that the inaugural date will be decided by the government.”
- The Ameerpet and Hi-Tec City stretch has 8 stations.
- Reddy said,”Opening of the 10 km Ameerpet to Hi-Tec City Stretch will be a game-changer not only for the Metro project but for Hyderabad city itself. In the next few years, it will make a huge difference in the travel characteristics of the city and improve the competitiveness of Hyderabad.”
- He said, Hyderabad Metro is recording footfall of 1.80 lakh per day on the existing 46 km rail network.
- “It is 1.80 lakh per day and it is increasing,” he added.
- Work is progressing well in Corridor-2 between JBS and MGBS (10 km stretch) and the civil work will be completed by July 2019 and systems works by November 2019, Reddy further said.
- In November 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 30 km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole of the 72 km long elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail project.
- With the operationalisation of a 16-km stretch of Hyderabad Metro Rail between Ameerpet and LB Nagar in September 2018, Hyderabad Metro Rail is covering 46 km.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )