Date of Post: 22 Dec, 2018
Hyderabad: The metro rail operations on Ameerpet-Hitech City route will commence by January-end. After getting final nod from CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) the metro operations will begin over the metro route. The trial runs will be continued to January along with the process of testing of signalling & telecommunications equipment.
- The construction work has been completed at viaduct and stations at the line.
- The works at entry/exit are yet to be completed.
- The HMR has also taken up the construction works at ground-level.
- The trial run between Ameerpet and Hitech City began on the occasion of the first anniversary of the Hyderabad Metro Rail operations.
- The stretch of Ameerpet and Hitech City has 8 stations.
- In November last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 30-km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole, out of the 72km long elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail project.
- With the operation on the 16km stretch between Ameerpet and LB Nagar in September this year, Hyderabad Metro covers 46 km and has become the second largest Metro Rail network in the country, next only to Delhi.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro–
29 Nov, 2018: Hyderabad Metro Rail Celebrates Its First Anniversary
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .