Date of post: 17 Dec,2018
Hyderabad: The metro rail construction works is likely to begin in the old city soon, according to reports. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has identified various properties in Dar-Ul-Shafa, Mir Alam Mandi, Alijah Kotla, Moghalpura and Sultan Shahi affecting as a result of the project.
- The construction works of the Metro Rail Project was in a holdup due to the state election process and the mourning days of Muharram.
- However, with the festival and elections over, the metro rail work is set to start without any further delay.
- The GHMC and Hyderabad Metro Rail has already finalised plans for acquiring properties.
- The Larsen & Toubro (L&T), which will constructing the metro, is waiting for the Government’s approval to begin the work.
- The metro line from MGBS to Falaknuma will run via Dar-Ul-Shafa, Purani Hawali, Eitebar Chowk, Volta Hotel, Sultan Shahi, Shah Ali banda, Syed Ali Chabutra and Shamsheer Gunj.
- The proposed work is an extension of the phase-1 of the 15 km-long green line corridor of the Hyderabad metro.
- This corridor will have 6 metro stations – Salarjung museum, Charminar, Shalibanda, Shamshergunj, Jangammet and Falaknuma.
- The state government has plans to extend the metro service from LB Nagar to the airport via Falaknuma.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro–
29 Nov, 2018: Hyderabad Metro Rail Celebrates Its First Anniversary
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .