Date of Post: 27 Oct, 2017
Hyderabad: L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited announces that 17 elevated stations of Hyderabad Metro Rail Project were awarded IGBC Platinum Certification. All the 17 HMR stations have achieved 75 points each.
The 17 Stations Are-
- Survey of India
- NTU College
- KPHB Colony
- Bharat Nagar
- ESI Hospital
Mr. Shivanand Nimbargi, MD & CEO, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited, stated “It is a proud moment for L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited. The IGBC Platinum rating reinstates the fact that L&T has followed the best international practices in constructing the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project. Kudos to the entire Hyderabad Metro Rail team for this spectacular feat.”
About The IGBC Ratings-
The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) has launched IGBC Green Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) rating to encourage green concepts in the design, construction & operation of all new Rail based MRTS projects. The rating system helps to address National priorities like conserving natural resources, demand side energy & water efficiency, adoption of renewable energy, management of waste and commuter health & comfort.
Ratings / Points:
Platinum: 72-90; Gold: 63-71; Silver: 54-62; Certified: 45-53
These ratings are based on six environmental categories as defined by IGBC Green Mass Rapid Transit System Rating which include – Site Selection & Planning, Water Efficiency, Energy Efficiency, Material Conservation, Indoor Environment & Comfort and Innovation in Design & Construction.
“Metro Man” Dr. E Sreedharan Happy With Hyderabad Metro Rail Works-
- Dr. E Sreedharan, Metro Man of India, visited Metro Rail Bhavan in Hyderabad on Thursday.
- He discussed the progress of Hyderabad Metro Rail project with HMRL MD NVS Reddy.
- He was very happy that the Hyderabad Metro Rail project is getting ready for inauguration soon, Sreedharan stated.
Unique features of HMR Project:
- The Stations being windows to the metro service are tastefully designed reflecting functional aesthetics, user friendly, and energy efficient with station architecture that is environmental friendly and green.
- Structurally L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited (LTMRHL) designed the stations on a hump after studying the terrain of Hyderabad, so that maximum advantage of regenerative energy during acceleration and deceleration can be utilized.
- 41% of regenerative energy shall be fed back to the grid which is the highest among all other metro.
- Also due to the far-fetched vision of Government, the Stations were designed and built atthe existing road so that minimal erosion of top soil happens.
- In order to reduce the cost of acquisition, all stations were designed with spine and wing arrangement which not only reduced the tunneling effect but also reduced the cost of acquisition for the Government.
- Due to the efficient and well though design the stations have 88% illuminance level at platform and concourse areas reducing the electricity requirements in day time substantially.
- The Project is expected to achieve an EIRR of more than 26%.
Environment Friendly Metro:
- The Project is expected to achieve 34% reduction in water usage over baseline due to its green selection of low flow water closets, urinals and faucets.
- The Project aims to capture 75% of run-off volumes from stations and 50% from viaduct and at median through its Rain water harvesting efforts.
- The Project shall be able to reduce 40% reduction in Lightning Power density over the standard requirement due to its selection of LED fixtures at all stations, signages, dimmers/dimmable lights with dimming schedule in passenger area and Building Management System and Trains.