Date Of Post: 12 Feb, 2018
Hyderabad: L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad (L&TMRH) has completed the Lakdikapul metro rail over-bridge (ROB), thus bridging the only remaining gap of corridor-I between Ameerpet & LB Nagar. The bridge would enable track laying, electrification & signalling works between Khairatabad & Lakdikapul metro stations for commissioning Metro train operations in the remaining 16-km stretch between Ameerpet & L.B. Nagar of Corridor-I.
- N.V.S. Reddy, Managing Director, Hyderabad Metro Rail, on Sunday inspected the site and praised the engineers for going about the task despite serious logistic issues like little space for putting the pillars — there was a busy road and an MMTS station on the two sides of the railway track.
- Railways, too, put forth a condition that the foundation depth of metro rail pillars should be at least 10 feet below track level for future expansion of their own lines.
- Hard granite rock had to be cut to a depth of 43 feet and deep pits had to be secured with special shoring & shuttering mechanism consisting of heavy steel beams, and extra protection for the road above.
- Special type of integrated metro pillar and the viaduct was designed above as a single monolithic structure, unlike in case of all other bridge pillars which have bearings to take care of and transfer different kinds of forces.
- He said, the 392-foot Lakdikapul ROB was completed by using the specially fabricated ‘Bridge Builder’, like it was done in case of Begumpet Metro ROB.
Image Credit: Hyderabad Metro Rail