Date of Post: 08 Aug, 2018
Hyderabad: Metro Rail, on Tuesday, recorded new high in patronage by carrying around 1.5 lakh passengers on a single day as against the earlier record of around 92,000 commuters. 580 trips were made as against the daily 520, managing director of Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) NVS Reddy said in a press release.
- Reddy said, another significant move is shift from the use of tokens to smart cards that have gone up by 50%.
- Last year in November, PM Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 30-km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole out of the 72-km-long elevated Metro project.
- There are 24 Metro rail stations on the 30-km stretch.
- The release said, increased patronage was attributed to better connectivity to Metro stations, availability of rent a bicycle /2-wheeler services at 15 Metro stations.
- It said, besides these, the availability of electric vehicles at Miyapur station was another reason for the increase in ridership.
- The Ameerpet-LB Nagar section of Hyderabad Metro Rail was expected to be opened to public in the first week of September, as most of the work has been completed and trial runs have begun.