Date of Post: 18 Sep, 2017
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad Metro Rail has decided to give unique numbering for metro pillars & link them with Google Maps & Global Position System (GPS).
HMRL, Managing Director, NVS Reddy said, this will make Hyderabad a tourist-friendly city & enable visitors to easily identify different locations on metro rail corridors & direction signages for nearby roads, areas & colonies.
Unique Numbering Of Pillars
* The unique numbering of pillars will be alpha-numeric with Corridor-I (Miyapur-LB Nagar) designated as A, Corridor-II (JBS-Falaknuma) designated as B & Corridor-III (Nagole-Raidurg) designated as C.
- The numbering will start at the point of beginning (POB) on each corridor.
- The numbers of piers on Corridor-I will be:
- A1 near Miyapur (corridor beginning)
- A450 near Ameerpet station
- A769 near MGBS station
- A1108 near LB Nagar
Corridor-II pier numbers will be:
- B1 near JBS (corridor beginning)
- B152 near Musheerabad station
- B196 near RTC X Road station
- B356 near MGBS station
- B588 near Falaknuma depot
The piers on Corridor III will be:
- C1 near Nagole bridge (corridor beginning)
- C296 near Mettuguda
- C583 near Begumpet
- C623 near Ameerpet
- C1001 near Hitec City
- C1052 near Raidurg
Since each metro rail station will have 4 Entry or Exit points, they will be designated Gate-1, Gate-2, Gate-3 & Gate-4, starting, clock-wise, from the first gate on the left side in the direction of the corridor.