Date Of Post: 21 Nov, 2017
Hyderabad: The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) on Monday gave L&T Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (LTHMRL) the green light to operate the stretch between SR Nagar and Mettuguda. A team of officials from the Commission of Railway Safety (CRS), led by CMRS, Ram Kripal, inspected the Hyderabad Metro Rail works over three days (from November 17 to 19), and also conducted speed trials.
During The Inspection The Team Inspected –
- Civil works
- Rail Over Bridge (RoB)
- Signalling & train control systems
- Rolling stock
All Clearances In Place Now For Hyderabad Metro Launch
- “Happy to announce that Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety cleared 10-km stretch from Mettuguda to SR Nagar. All statutory clearances in place now for Hyderabad Metro. All set for launch now,” tweeted IT & Municipal Administration Minister K.T. Rama Rao on Monday.
- Shivanand Nimbargi, MD & CEO, said in a statement, “The CMRS approval for the Stage 1 – Nagole to Mettuguda and Stage 2 – Miyapur to SR Nagar have already been authorised for commissioning. This is a great moment for team LTMRHL and its partners, who have worked incessantly to make this happen.”
- So far, the Hyderabad Metro Rail had clearances only for operating the 8-km Nagole-Mettuguda and the 12-km Miyapur-SR Nagar stretches on the 30-km Miyapur-Nagole corridor, with the 10-km Mettuguda-SR Nagar stretch being the crucial missing link.
- While L&T secured the safety clearance for the Nagole-Mettuguda stretch in April 2016, it got the nod for the Miyapur-SR Nagar stretch in August 2016.